Friday, April 25, 2008

A Special Anzac Day Player Profile: G-UNIT

Graham M

Position
Left Right Out.

Stallion Hall of Fame
I have a total of one pony to my name. I must be the player to go through the most number of games with no Stallion or Pony.

Seasons as a Stallion?

I played one game in the inaugural season the cricketers were involved.

Are you a dual Stallion? If so what game are you best at?
Cricket by a long way, although I played rep soccer as a goalkeeper in age group teams.
* Cricket Stallion Greg says: Graham 'The Rhino' Mann- a man on 1000% commitment, fearsome intensity and countless injuries whose fondness for falling to the floor when the ball's at his feet should serve him well in the box.

Greatest Stallion Moment?
Glorious headed goal at Nairnville off a Willie Bleakley cross a couple of season ago. Followed it up with a big roar.

Worst Stallion Moment?
Oggie vs. Lower Hutt Somalis at Wainui. It ended 3-3 which made me feel quite stink too.

Describe your last goal for the Stallions.
See glorious headed goal alluded to earlier.

Complete the sentence - As a player I am susceptible to ...
...wanting to go for a big gallop up the field when I get the ball in space and getting tackled before I get rid of it.

Most under-rated Stallion?
Joe F, who I think really came of age last year.

Finish this sentence. The Stallions need more?
Beers after the game. Good work bringing those on the 2nd weekend, Goodall!

Which international player are you most like?
Paul Gascoigne. Old, fat, injured and doesn’t know when to give up… …although I never had that skill in the first place!

Where will the Stallions finish in 2008?
It’s gonna be a great season if we can find the back of the net a bit more, I’ll say top 3 finish.

Photo: Rhino-boy Graham reflects on how he didn't puncture the ball with his glorious headed goal. (Sorry Graham, it was either this or a Rhino in a G-string - Google images throws up some odd things!)

1 comment:

Ben Hodges said...

Most games without a pony or stallion has a direct correlation with Graham's lead in the stat: Most games not played by a stallion.


In the same train of thought few stallions have equaled my number of Not Outs for the Stallion's cricket team. I have had a lot of Not Ins for the cricket team as well...