Monday, May 26, 2008

Player Profile - Patrick

Position:
Currently centre mid, however given the Stallions’ form in my absence I’ll be lucky to make the bench this weekend!

Stallion Hall of Fame:
The only Stallions striker to have scored less goals than Ben H.

How many seasons as a Stallion?
This is my second full season although I also made a cameo appearance in the 2004 season…

Are you a dual Stallion? If so what game are you best at?
Certainly not – and for those of you who think I’m crap at football, you should see my cricket!

Greatest Stallion Moment?
Was that greatest or gayest?

The greatest was in my brief cameo in 2004 against Nth Wgtn when I ran from half way, went into the box, rounded the keeper and was taken out by the last defender. I turned to the ref (Tangi) who was still on half way who promptly waved play on. The defender came over, picked me off the ground, and said “sorry mate that’s the clearest penalty I’ve ever seen, I didn’t get anywhere near the ball”!

The Gayest – definitely the big gay love in after Joe’s last minute equaliser against the Indians at KP last season.

Worst Stallion Moment?
The awful 1-0 loss to the Indians at Melrose in the rain last year.

Describe your last goal for the Stallions.
A penalty against Petone last year in our 4-3 loss. I deliberately knocked it in off the post….(obviously you weren’t taking notes Goodall).

Complete the sentence - As a player I am susceptible to ...
Complaining: to the ref, the opposition, the Stallions etc. It should be noted that I haven’t complained to my Dad yet.

Most under-rated Stallion?
Corey. Fully committed, lovely left foot, good in the air and an excellent tackler.

Finish this sentence. The Stallions need more?
Mongrel – we’re far too nice for Div 7.

Which international player are you most like?
David Beckham – good at set pieces but should have retired years ago.

Where will the Stallions finish in 2008?
If Paul plays most games 2nd or 3rd, otherwise 4th.

No comments: