Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Raiders struggling

Raiders match report

Alright boys, let's put last night behind us and move on. As Grant pointed out, we were quite flat. Marist are a decent side but I think, overall, we're a better team than the performance (5-3 loss) suggested.

Too many passes not going to players and Joe left stranded more than once. Couple of cracking Marist goals though. I think individual errors were pretty costly... but that's football and we had plenty of bright moments - Mike, in particular, scored a beauty of a goal (great buildup involving Andy T and Jules) and he was like a man on a mission all night.

Grant would be filthy if I didn't mention his goal. I managed to get my head (more like my face) to head one down into the area from a corner and it bounced kindly for the big man, who absolutely buried it. Cue tearing back to halfway, arms aloft. Well-deserved.

5 comments:

Rauru said...

As a side, the table on the website isn't correct. We've played 7 games so one game isn't being accounted for. We'll still be even on points but our GD could well be better depending on what round they haven't accounted for.

energy24.7 said...

You have to click on the 18 above table

Rauru said...

My comp wont allow it. When I hover over the week the boxes come up below but when I move to them they disappear.

Panda said...

They've missed out the round versus NW Wolves 4-0 game I came to watch. Brooklyn won 3-0 that round so differential is the same 30 but they have more 7 more goals 41 for and 11 against. Stallions 34 for 4 against.

T said...

yep we're currently sitting 2nd - equal on points and goal difference but behind on goals for. Assuming we both get through the next game (I know, I know counting chickens) our game next week could be the decider for who ever ends up top of table).