Monday, April 15, 2013

Fire Up For the Derby

With an edited extract from that much disputed match report of theirs last season:
Another excellent win and the Raiders roll on ... Stallions are not a bad team, I know this from playing them plenty in the past. But, apart from a couple of decent players and a few good periods, they didn't trouble us much on Wakefield last night ... Karl was assured in goal. I think he had to make one save all night, the Stallions' forwards weren't up to much ... They weren't in the same league as us and it reflected our confidence ... I've never been grabbed so much at corners or battling for headers (my marker at corners insisted on linking his arm through mine), the Stallions were quite handsy and bullish off the ball. Maybe they should have been concentrating on what their feet were doing instead of touching us up...

Lucky there was no touching up of those half dressed Lower Hutt players Heath described in his match report.

5 comments:

Rauru said...

Oh man I wish I had read this before the game! How you like our strikers now bi-atch?!

Unknown said...

I know I was certainly working on my handsy and bullish-ness pre game. Still have to perfect that linking arms technique at corners though.

Also glad I was able to provide the foreshadowed 'roar of a missed shot' for all the newbie's entertainment.

Paddy said...

MVP's:
Jason 3
Joe 2
Graham 1

Hard on Rauru / Bakkie / Lloyd but awesome games from those three guys.

Tom's goal and Bakkie's free kick were the 2 best, his miss and mine at the end the 2 worst...

Rauru said...

Yea I really wanted to say something Graham when you hit that volley (?) that almost when out for a throw in! Didn't hear the roar though.

Unknown said...

Not sure about roar, but there certainly was a yelled expletive...