Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Saturday Night Live


Big game this Saturday night boys. Here's roughly how the table looks (I can't cut and paste for some reason):

Uni 4ths: 23pts, +4 gd
Marist: 18pts, +4 gd
Nth Wgtn: 17 pts, +10 gd
Stallions: 17 pts, +7 gd
Lower Hutt: 17 pts, +5 gd

And here are the games that effect us:
Uni 4ths vs Nth Wgtn
Marist vs Lower Hutt

Likely scenario I think is that Nth Wgtn will drop points against 4ths, but I think Marist will beat Lower Hutt. Hutt are just rubbish at the moment and Marist are playing well. Based on that, and assuming we beat the Raiders, we'll move into 3rd, still one point behind Marist and the coverted promotion spot. I think Marist have a harder run in than we do (although they will play Lower Hutt again. Is 4ths their other game?), but the fact still remains that we have to do the business this weekend. I don't think goal difference is going to matter as long as we win the rest of our games so let's make sure we do the business this weekend.

I've also gone and booked a booth at 4 Kings for Saturday night from 7pm so we've got somewhere for the rugby if people are keen for that. It's a $300 minimum spend, but I'm sure we'll get through that easy enough. It's only 11 jugs which will be sweet so long as we get at least 5 there. Also, no one has said they can't play (although Jason is 50/50 as he gets back on Saturday I think) so it could be a bit of standing around on the sideline like last time we were at Te Whaea. See you all on Saturday.

2 comments:

005 said...

If we don't get second place we should just give up. The Cobras? Come on - they barely play football.

Anonymous said...

I agree, they're nothing special. We need to win all 3 games convincingly though , so that we're in with a chance for 2nd spot and Capital 6. It better not be canned. I'm fired up and definitely playing on Sat. Panda