Thursday, August 21, 2008

Golden Boot?

With the unbelievable prospect of a game on Saturday (let's not get too excited just yet) - the question is who will take out the golden boot? Tristin is on 9, Gus on 8 - both totals heavily restricted by cancellations - but still a lot better than Hodges 'winning' tally last year! What was it Ben, 2.5?

I hope that because so many of Tristin's goals were dirty tap ins, shoulder badging, boring ones, that Gus gets his nose ahead. Come on, he scored with his first touch for the Stallions! then got a hatrick - mind you i guess that means he hasn't done jack since. And that goal against StopOut was bs. And the one against Elite now I think about it. And he loses points for his stupid arms-raised-in-the-air celebrations. I've changed my mind - Tristin deserves it. Go Tristin!

Then again, maybe Nick G will make a late run! Sure.

So i believe last year the fine was $5 for anyone who didn't score all season. Those of you in scoring opportunities (Joe, NickW, NickG, Panda, especially Patrick) should be offering a bit more. And as for Robin who played the whole season either upfront or attacking mid and only scored in 1 game (in the Olympic debacle) ...

8 comments:

Paddy said...

Seeing as I'm apparently now a centre back I claim amnesty from the no-goal fine.....

005 said...

No dice, what about the 3/4's of the season. Do you really want me to go through the fine book and work out just how many missed shots you have had?

purely belter said...

I'm with paddy

005 said...

But why would you be with Paddy? - if you played in the midfield as much as he did you would be near the top of the scoring list. There is a fair argument for you not to get the fine (along with other backs who don't talk themselves up), but Paddy ain't getting away with it. Was it 7 shots against marist alone? For our star player that just doesn't cut it! Shit Corey, getting soft ...

purely belter said...

no i sided with paddy purely as a defender who gets little chance to shoot on goal...

Paddy said...

If selected on Saturday I refuse to play at the back then! Actually I also refuse to pass or do anything else than shoot! The fatal flaw in my "cunning" plan however is that if, as likely, I once again fail to score not only will I be fined for failing to score all season, but I'll also have yet more missed shots - doh!!

BTW - has Goodall really had 14 missed shots or is that just poetic licence on the part of the fine master?

005 said...

No poetic licence required. And was just thinking that probably did not count the missed pen which was probably listed in a whole other category. Nick, do you care to comment on your season of missed shots?

energy24.7 said...

Ahhhh, not really, except to say that obviously the delivery of balls to me was below par and that I don't get opportunities in the box like your tap ins, only long range strikes!
Paddy you had a good half of the season to get on the board, now it's my turn.
The penalty is the biggest worry for me, what a r.e.t.a.r.d.