Sunday, June 8, 2014

They can't run, pass, score ...

5-0.

Again, I'm terrible at remembering what happens in games so tell me if I've got this wrong:

Goals:
Chris (Hmm, if we counted Rauru's keeper's parry as an assist is a shot off the bar? Likely not since it was off target I guess?)
Rauru x 2 (both assists Paddy?)
Aaron (assist Bakky)
Tom (assist Bakky)

Stallion Chris for that sweeeet half volley shot and breaking his Stallion's duck.

Pony I can't recall - but do remember that Bakky is writing the match repot so he must have done something stupid or pissed someone off.

And the Accies dropped points against Naenae giving us a 4 point buffer.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

What do you mean tom, I scored that goal....

005 said...

From where I was standing (about a meter in front of the striker!), Tom got the final touch on that and back healed it into the goal. Or did I see that wrong? Tom?

tshanley14 said...

it glanced off my shin. I'm not going to claim it, and which seems right according the Dubious Goal Committee for the EPL:

"As a rule, if the initial attempt is goalbound it is credited to the player making the goal attempt," explained a Premier League spokesman. "However if the deflection means that a wayward effort results in a goal then it is attributed to the player who had the last definitive touch of the ball."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2006/aug/23/theknowledge.sport

005 said...

Too kind Tom, I would have been all over that and celebrating like I had won the world cup. Hell i've scored worse. Apologies Bakky, stats updated.

005 said...

Who gets the assist then?

Paddy said...

Me - from the free-kick!!!

005 said...

Of course, amended again, Sorry, its hard enough to remember all of my own goals let alone what anyone else does. Still think Tom should have claimed this one, unstallion-like.

Panda said...

Un Aaron like more like it. Another great win Stallions...#envious

Rauru said...

For those who have only played the last few seasons, Aaron has booted in balls that were just about to cross the goal line and claimed them. He's claimed goals where he says a stay lace touched the ball before it went it. True story.

And wasn't Bakky's goal a bit of a scramble before it fell to him? I just remember the ball rolling to his feet, Bakky getting caught up all over the place and falling over, before scissor kicking it in while lying on the ground like he was beached as (hence the Pony).