Saturday, June 16, 2012

Game Day Match Review

No match review from the other week as there was no official Pony awarded, but since I was the only option mooted here goes...

It rained.  Hard.  It was cold.  Very.  I scored.  Again ;).  Paddy got the assist.  Again.  Lloyd did a 920.  And still had the ball.  The had young fuckers.  Who were lippy.  I fell over.  Someone blew on me.  Didn't throw an albatross (or did I?).  They scored.  Damn it.  Final whistle.  Their coach celebrated like they had won (and actually said "That's as good as a win for me boys").

Another game similar to Wainui.  Not really a lot happened and left feeling a bit deflated having given up points to the bottom of the table.  They were a good team though and placed some good football, always trying to construct from the back.  In hindsight we should have pressed them harder in midfield as their strikers weren't that dangerous and our defenders had them covered.  Bring on this avos game.  It's damn cold (again) but we need to get the win against what seems like a good team.

No comments: